Monday, April 5, 2010

March Designer Feature....

I am pleased to have as my first designer feature, a dear friend of mine. She is an incredibly talented polymer artist. We own several of her creative works of art. I have known Tawny for many years in the boutique world and I am honored to have her here and share this great talent with all of you. So without further ado...

Tawnya of Bada*Blingg Designs!
************

Tell us a little about you, your family and life outside of designing-
My name is Tawny, the designer behind Bada*Blingg. I have been married to my super chef hubby for 9 years now. We have 4 amazing children: London (15), Austin (14), Cj (8), and our princess Bella (5).

Where can one find your designs?
My designs can be found at-
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BadaBlingg

You can also check out my designs, sneak peeks, and other random stuff at-
dailyicing@blogspot.com
While your there be sure to sign up for my newsletter!
Website coming soon!!!!

When did the crafting bug first hit you?
I have been crafting since I was a kid... I spent the summers with my grandmother and she would keep me busy with pottery, macrame, that kind of thing. And now as an adult, I find if I'm not making something with my hands, I get a bit skitish.... LOL!

Is there a design that you are particularly proud of and why?
I have been so proud of many of my designs.... I don't know if I could really nail down just one. But I was simply giddy the first time I listed a set of my princess clippies and watched my first bidding war begin.... it was the coolest feeling!!!

What inspires your designs? Where do you get your ideas?
My daughter really is what inspires my designs.. if she likes something, one of my sketches or a particular character, it sells.....
I get most of my ideas as I'm falling asleep at night. So I keep a sketch pad by the bed. I've gotten some of my best designs that way!!

Any advice for designers just getting started?
Think outside the box.. and never give up!!!
Oh, and take good pics!!!! LOL!

Anything else you'd like to add?
A big Thanks to Mel for asking me to be the first designer interview! I'm honored!!!!
********
Well, a big Thanks to you too Tawny! I am thrilled that you took time to share a little with everyone!

Want a chance to own a fabulous Bada*Blingg creation??? Tawny has been gracious enough to offer a set of her princess hair clippies.
How to enter:
Leave a comment with your email address.
(So you can be contacted if you win!)
Want to be entered again?
Follow my blog. Already a follower? Just remind me in a comment.
Another entry?
Share with your friends: your blog, facebook, etc...
Let me know where and you'll get an entry for each spot. :)
Yet another entry??????
Yep! Hop on over and check out Tawny's blog, and her etsy shop.
Let me know what your fave is and you'll get an entry for each item you share that you like.
She's got some pretty amazing stuff, and no, I'm not just sayin' that!

How CUTE are these!!!
Seriously, you know you want to win them, don't you???!!

2 comments: