Saturday, April 10, 2010

I want candy......

So, if you have little ones in your house I'm sure you also have a supply of Easter candy left from egg hunts, baskets, etc.....
Also, if you have little ones, I'm sure you've heard this phrase several times a day, every day, since Easter.

Now, we don't always have candy in the house. My children actually like to snack on cheese sticks, carrots, apples... But when we do, oh boy. It's like their "candy radar" goes into overdrive.

This morning for example, the princess came in at 7 asking for water. I'm not sure that she is aware of the fact that Saturdays are for sleeping in.....

I let her know that I'll get her some in a bit, mommy is still sleeping. To this, she asks 3 more times. I think she's been reading this blog behind my back, getting tips! :)

Then comes the request that I hide my giggle- "I really need water" ugh "I really need to sleep".

To this I get pokes in the back, as she has, ever so gracefully, already climbed into bed with us.
"mom.................mom......................mommy...................mooooommmmmmyyyyyy I'm thirsty"

okay okay okay. I am now up.

After the little girl is placated with her water bottle, a quiet movie, and a snuggle on the couch comes the next request..... I need candy.

I can't wait until the Easter candy is gone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment