Monday, April 12, 2010

Insert catchy title here......

Okay, okay, I realize that the title of this post is a little hokey, but forgive me. I need more coffee, my brain is not yet working. :)

Lots going on here, lets catch up-

First off, Clay is gone. :( or :) I haven't decided yet. It is nice that he is off prepping the apartment for Veronica's move-in after they get married April 28th. It's so much fun watching young couples start their lives together. But, I have to say, it is different without him around the house. I keep referring to the spare bedroom as "Clay's room" even though he will never use it again. Dave teases that it will be available should he need it. Praying that Veronica and him never get in such a fight that he will.

Second, and super exciting for me! My craft room/studio is nearly finished!!! The carpet guys came yesterday after church and last night Dave started building my cabinets and storage.
My cutting counter is done, with LOTS of shelves to store my fabrics and shelves up above for ribbon bins. Did I mention I was excited? Yes? Okay, moving on then. :)
Tonight he will be building my work space for my sewing machine, bow-making, scrapbooking, etc....
These pictures are BC (before carpet) and I realize that I don't have any of the rest of the room.
My work space will be right under that window there. The hole in the wall is access to the sump so he'll be building a little trap door with a lock that the kiddos won't be able to get into.
And the windows will be trimmed out with nice wide sills.
The white wall you see there peeking in the corner will be my photography area. Looking for an inexpensive high key set up. :)


This is the closet that now has wire shelving for more storage. I'll debating what to put on the wall there above the sump. I salvaged a beautiful window from this remodel that I'm going to repurpose as a frame. Or my fabric covered "DREAM" letters. Hmmmm.....

The opposite wall is where my cutting counter and fabric storage is. I'll be getting a picture of that once all my fabrics are put away.

Speaking of fabrics, fellow blogger Sachiko of Tea Rose Home is having a giveaway for some gorgeous spring fabric. Now I say this to my own detriment, I want it!! But if you love free stuff, repurposing, and fabric then you don't want to miss out. Get on over to her blog and check it out.

Thanks f0r joining me on my little tour today. Come back soon to see the finished room. Have a blessed day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment