Friday, April 23, 2010

Fun Food Friday

Mmmmm, mmmmmm.... GOOD!!
So, I (finally) got my Pioneer Woman cookbook in the mail today and instantly started flipping through it. Looking for something yummy to make.
Her Chicken Spaghetti caught my eye but I didn't have all the ingredients and didn't feel like running to the store.
So, what's a girl to do? I improvised and came up with my own yumminess!
********
Sun-dried Tomato Chicken Pasta
********
First off, start boiling some pasta. Your preference. I used spaghetti noodles.
Then cook 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
After it is done, grab some forks and shred it up.
You can use a whole fryer chicken or whatever you have on hand. :)
After the chicken is shredded, throw it in a pan with a little bit of olive oil on low.
I then added about half a jar of sun-dried tomatoes.
Because, that's all I had left!
Chop 'em up in chunks.


I splashed in a bit of the oil from the jar for added flavor.

Toss them in with the shredded chicken.
Here's the good stuff.
I love cheese. It makes everything better.
Well, that and chocolate, but I digress...
I used about 1 1/2 cups.
Sprinkle it in with the chicken and tomatoes a little at a time and stir until melted.
Add a can of cream of mushroom soup and mix it all together. You will need to add milk to "creamy" it up. I splashed in about 1 cup, but add what feels right to you.
Depends on how "saucy" you want your sauce!
After that mixture is good and blended, toss it with the noodles.
Doesn't that look yummy?!!

Don't believe me? Just ask the 5 year old.

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! I'll have to remember this, of course I will also have to buy some sun dried tomatoes too.

    And I agree with you about cheese making (nearly) everything better!

    ReplyDelete