Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What's next.....

I want to thank everyone for thier prayers. Dave is flying out to California tomorrow evening to spend time with his family and attend the memorial service. Which is Friday at 1:00. We'll be picking him up from the airport Sunday morning and then heading to church.

Easter is coming! I'm not sure about the rest of you, but it sure did sneak up on me! I had starting working on a super-cute outfit for Joy, corset styled top, peasant top, and ruffle pants. Then, not sure what happened; life, homeschooling, flower girl dresses, etc...... Somehow I ran out of time! I figured I could whip up something else really quick. Ha ha ha.....

I had a cute princess bunny iron-on that I'd been holding onto for something. A comfy upcycled tee shirt dress came to mind. So I pulled out some cute knits including an adorable tiara print and got to work. Got all the pieces cut, layed them out on the table to start pinning, then, something that one should never do with my kiddos, I went to go start dinner prep.......
Well, Joy, uh, wanted to help. This almost never ends well. My kids just seem to have a knack for making messes, trouble, you name it. There, in all it's "glory", marker scribble on one skirt piece. Ugh.

Now I'm on attempt #3 for her Easter dress. Yes, I am aware that there is only 4 days till Easter. Pray that this one will actually work, or else. :) Not that the girl is actually hurting in the dress department, and I'm sure that I could find something in her closet for Easter Sunday, but there's something so fun about a new dress.

Hope you all have a fabulous Easter celebrating with family and friends. We are going to an egg hunt on Saturday. What are your plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment