Monday, March 29, 2010

How to NOT 'pay it forward'.......

This is, I'm sure, going to be a sensitive subject for many of you.
We just learned last night, that Dave's cousin's husband was killed by a drunk driver. I am saddened by this and found myself getting teary-eyed many times last night. I pray that she'll be strong and rely on faith in God to get through this incredibly difficult time. I pray that she'll find a way to break the news to her little ones that daddy won't be coming home. I pray that she has a good support system around her to help her out as she faces the next step of raising those precious children by herself. And I pray that hearing this will encourage at least one person to think twice before hopping in the car after having a few too many.

Drunk driving is so senseless. It indeed invokes the 'butterfly effect'. But not in a good way!!! So many lives are going to be impacted by this. His wife, their 3 small children, each and every family member, friends, etc... Get the picture. All because one person was stupid and decided to get behind the wheel.

I can hear my little ones' voices in my head... "Momma, we don't say stupid, it's not a nice word." I know, I know, but in this case, it really applies.

Please, please, I can't ask this enough...
If you know someone who has a tendancy to drive after a night of drinking, please make yourself available to be a designated driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment