Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Trick or Treat....

So, I do realize that it's still August. For a little bit longer anyway.
But I intend to make each of the kiddo's costumes for our church Harvest Party and that requires somewhat of a head start!!
Joy has been asking for about 3 months now if she could be Strawberry Shortcake.
When a friend of mine had a pair of these tights in Joy's size for sale, I snapped 'em up!

Add a cute, and easy to whip up, tee dress, newsboy hat, pink mary janes, and presto....
Insert Joy's delighted squeal here....
"That's just what I wanted Mommy, thank you thank you!! Can you make it now?"
Umm, no, sorry. :)
Isaiah's will be fairly easy as well.
For those of you with little boys, I'm sure you are familar with who this young man is!
Isaiah is insisting he wants to be Wildmut, one of the aliens that Ben 10 transforms into but I don't really want to tackle that one!
I figured since he'll be getting the Omnitrix for his birthday on Saturday this costume will work!
And I even have some olive denim for the cargo pants. Easy peasy.

There you have it:
2 happy kids.
2 cute costumes (without breaking the bank I might add).
So how about all of you? Thinking that far ahead yet?
Or is it just me? :)

1 comment:

  1. Very cute. Thinking ahead would require thinking and I just can't commit to that. In fact I think I should just be committed. It's quiet there right?

    But the costumes for your kids will be adorable. Well, Joy's will be adorable. Isaiah's will be just the right amount of "manly". :)

    ReplyDelete